Knowledgebase is a categorized collection of answers to frequently asked questions (FAQ) and articles. You can read articles in this category or select a subcategory that you are interested in.
20 things you don't want to forget when packing for your vacation:
1. Umbrellas: Come sun or rain, you never know.
2. Phone charger: You may find one at your destination but the bad news is that it'll cost you. And don’t forget adaptors. Check that you data packages and wifi connectivity are in place.
3. Laptop power cord: A must-have item if you’re bringing your computer along for the trip.
4. Prescriptions: Bring enough medication for your entire stay (plus a day or two) to avoid wasting time and money getting prescriptions refilled.
5. Sunglasses: You probably won't have trouble finding a new pair of sunglasses.
6. Sunscreen: If there's room in your bag, take sunscreen along with you. You'll find it's more expensive at most beach destinations
7. Long-sleeve shirt: Have you ever had goose bumps during the summer because a place has the air conditioning on full blast? That’s why I pack a long-sleeve shirt just in case.
8. Bathing suit: A swimsuit is so easy to forget.
9. Belt: You might decide to skip a belt at the airport in order to breeze through security, but remember to pack one in your suitcase.
10. Personal hygiene products: But again pack it in your suitcase.
11. Bandages: It's better to be safe than sorry.
12. Passport or driver’s license: Don't risk missing your flight because you have to run back home and grab your identification.
13. Reading materials: There are plenty of books and magazines at the airport, but consider borrowing something from your local library for free.
14. Painkiller: You never know when a headache will come on.
15. Hand sanitizer: You'll feel a lot better about the coughing and sneezing passengers on the plane if you take this with you.
16. Wine: Carefully pack a bottle or two in your checked luggage to save a few bucks.
17. Cash: You can avoid possible ATM fees at your destination by withdrawing enough cash before you skip town.
18. Credit Cards: Many destinations do not accept cash.
19. Snacks: Stash some treats in your carry-on so you don’t get overcharged at the airport.
20. Contact details: locally and at point of arrival. And send some to those staying behind.
Of course, this isn’t a comprehensive list, but being organized ahead of time is the first step to having a great stay.
Team: Southern Staying
Article ID: 162
Category: General Publications - Public Interest
Views : 121
Rating (Votes): (3)