Cancellation Policy - Hosts & Guests
CANCELLATION POLICY – BOOKINGS AT SOUTHERN STAYING
Guests are urged to only make a booking once they are 100% satisfied with the accommodation information and satisfied that they will be able to stay for the period booked.
Whenever a Guest makes a booking it is free from any Southern Staying booking fees, as our Southern Staying Hosts compensate Southern Staying for its services. So the price you see is the price you pay.
1. Once a Southern Staying Host accepts a Booking Request the Host may not withdraw or cancel acceptance of the booking.
2. The Host must at all times comply to the contractual offer, made by the guest, via the Host’s listing advert on the Southern Staying website.
3. Any application, by a host, to cancel a booking will be charged with a 30% cancellation service fee to the personal cost of the Host. The Guest will be refunded in full, by the Host, as soon as possible, as per agreement, by the host, but subject to the outcome of any legal action between the Host and Guest if legal action is instituted.
4. Hosts will be held accountable by Guests themselves for any defrayed costs.
5. Hosts can officially apply to cancel a reservation by loading a message to the Southern Staying Client Support desk, the link of which is displayed on our website. Once the Host receives confirmation of receipt the application to cancel will be official. However, no application will be accommodated in the period 30 days before arrival and no refund will be made either.
1. Whenever a Guest makes a booking, 50% [or as otherwise requested] of the total booking fee must be paid immediately. The balance must be paid 14 days before arrival.
2. As long as a Guest’s reservation hasn't been accepted by the host, a Guest may cancel the reservation. A 12% Southern Staying cancellation fee will at all times be deducted from any refund, due to the Guests, as a result of the Guest's request for cancellation.
3. A refund of a Guest’s booking fee, after deduction of the 12% Southern Staying cancellation fee, will only be made once Southern Staying or the Listings Host succeeds to re-let the accommodation for the same period as booked. If no re-let could be secured the booking agreement remains legally binding.
4. Guests won't be charged for the reservation or Southern Staying service fees. But, if they cancel after the reservation after the deposit was paid, the reservation will be subject to the terms of the cancellation policy as set out herein.
5. The Southern Staying service fee, as calculated on the total per night booking cost, is non-refundable.
6. Whenever a booking agreement is cancelled due to ill health, health risks, death, change in Government policy and regulations etc. our Guests and Hosts are reminded that Southern Staying is not a party to their agreement. Southern Staying is merely a service provider and will try to resolve issues between the parties to the best of our abilities. It is for the Hosts and Guests to decided if they want to accept a cancellation and if not if they want to proceed with legal action. Southern Staying has no right to make decisions for, or on behalf of the Host and or Guest.
7. Guests can officially apply to cancel a reservation by loading a message to the Southern Staying Client Support desk, the link of which is displayed on our website. Once the Guest receives confirmation of receipt the application to cancel will be official. However, no application will be accommodated in the period 30 days before arrival and no refund will be made either.
Dates can be amended or changed as per the agreement of all parties concerned. However, when dates are changed it must be processed immediately and the dates reserved accordingly. If this is not done immediately no agreement will be in place and will the rules of cancellation, as set out above, apply.
The above cancellation policy is applied strictly and with no exceptions. Guest and Hosts must understand that they are required to take certain responsibilities.
Team: Southern Staying