Cape Karoo Guesthouse caters for tourists, families, business travelers or honeymooners alike. This elegant oasis has six en-suite rooms, each with its own entrance. Rooms lead to a refreshing country atmosphere in the enchanted garden and there is the popular deck with the most amazing views of the setting sun in the evenings. Our guesthouse is also child friendly.
The main house is an original designed Sir Herbert Baker building, completed in 1902 and each garden room has a rich history. The guesthouse is owner-operated and offers individual attention to all our guests.
Breakfasts are optional and cover everything from continental to full English. Dinners or “braai’s” can be served in the evenings by prior arrangement. Guests can also do their own “braai” with “braai” packs being arranged.
Cape Karoo Guesthouse is a fascinating Victorian-style mansion, designed by Sir Herbert Baker and built in the late 1800’s. Today this Guesthouse offers luxury old charm and hospitality in a safe and beautiful environment.
1. The French Karoo room - Forms part of the main building and has its own entrance and private garden. The spacious room has two single beds, an en-suite bathroom with a shower, and more than enough space so that we can easily accommodate our customers by adding another bed, if needed.
2. The beautiful Garden Cottage - Which originally was a dairy, has been converted into a cozy two bedroom Cottage – ideal for a family with young children. The one room has a double bed and the other room two single beds. Both rooms share a bathroom with a shower and a separate toilet. The Cottage also has its own “stoep” overlooking our lovely garden.
3. Dei Gratia - Was originally part of the couch hall where all the horses and couches where kept. The hall was converted into a lovely self-catering unit with a queen size bed, sleeper couch and a full en-suite bathroom. Dei Gratia meaning “By the Grace of God” overlooks the beautiful court yard.
4. As a tribute the Windmill room - Was named after the “die Windpomp” as it is synonymous with Karoo living. It is a true Karoo icon which you will see scattered over the Karoo landscape. Like our Dei Gratio room, this unit was also part of the original stable and overlooks our beautiful courtyard. The room is fitted with a king-size bed, an en-suite bathroom with a shower, and has self-catering facilities for your enjoyment. The room is spacious and we can accommodate our clients by adding another bed, if needed.
5. The Afri-Karoo room - Just like Dei Gratia and Windpomp, originally formed part of the stables. The room is fitted with a king-size bed, an en-suite bathroom with a shower, and comes with self-catering facilities. On request, we can convert the king-size bed into two single beds.
What To Do?
* Chris Barnard Museum
* Donkey Cart Trips
* Game Drives in the Karoo National Park
* Bird Spotting
* Bow Hunting
* Olive Farms
* 4x4 Trails
* Hiking Trails
* Horseback Riding
* Mountain Biking
* Quad Biking
* Antique Shopping
* Star Gazing
* Karoo Scenic Route
* Fossil Exploring
* Helicopter Flights
Pricing - Breakfast, Meals extras: R100.00 - R300.00 per person.
There is simply something for everyone to enjoy. So do not wait and be disappointed .......